A|C|C|O|R® Cosmetic Corrector Plasma Pen
The A|C|C|O|R® Cosmetic Corrector is the NEW alternative to skin tightening surgery. The combination of plasma and Low Frequency (LF+) technology, currently makes this plasma pen unique. This enables the treatment imprint to be wider and shallower than traditional thermal only devices. The benefits of which are a greater tightening effect allowing for better results, a quicker healing process and less down time to the client. It is an effective, non-surgical procedure that achieves incredible and lasting results almost immediately. Over time, due to continued tightening and collagen production, you will see further improvements with this plasma skin tightening technology.
Got a question? We are more than happy to help. Get in touch with us:
What is Plasma?
- Plasma is the 4th state of matter. It is a gas that can’t transfer into electrons/electricity. It has (+) positive and (–) negative ions. It has the ability to carry electricity but is not electricity. eg. of plasma – lightening bolts, the sun and fire are all plasma.
- The principle is to ionize gases in the air to create a small electrical arc, similar to a lightning bolt, with which the area affected by aesthetic problems may be treated, without unwanted damage to the surrounding areas.
- The plasma causes instant contraction and tightening of skin fibers, thus resulting in the reduction on the skin surface. This is sometimes referred to as ‘soft surgery’.
How does it work?
- An ionized “arc” acts on the surface of the skin via the tip of the pen without any contact to the skin and a tiny point of skin (a fraction of a millimeter) is vaporized. The immediate area is instantly tightened. This is a gentle treatment with minimal pain and the results are often visible immediately.
- Even though the treatment is non-invasive and substantially gentler than an operation, it is still a procedure. This means that there are several important factors to consider.
- Treatments with the ACCOR Cosmetic Corrector may result in certain reactions, e.g. redness and swelling. Should these symptoms persist for longer than 6 days, or should any other symptoms present, please contact your ACCOR practitioner who treated you or your local doctor.
- The ACCOR Plasma Pen has a Low Frequency component built into it. This means it creates less down time, faster healing, better results and creates more skin regeneration by vaporizing a shallower and wider arc than other devices. Other devices may penetrate deeper into the skin creating longer healing time and larger potential for scarring of the client.
- If other pens need to be “plugged in” then that means they are not low frequency and can be too harsh and more ablative. This also means that they are a form of electricity and not Plasma.
- The treatment gives a rapid and effective alternative to skin tightening surgery. The results can be instantly seen on the area but will continue to tighten over a period of 3 to 4 months.
What areas can we treat?
- Upper eyelids rejuvenation
- Skin tag removal
- Mole removal (After checked by doctor) and Pigmentation/Sunspot removal.
- Anti-aging: crows feet, lower eyelids, glabella (between the brows), upper lip, smokers lines, smile lines/marionette lines, chin, sides of face, jowls, turkey neck, tear trough/lower eye wrinkles, forehead lines/frown lines, brow lift, nasolabial folds, ear lobe rejuvenation, cheeks, accordion lines and folds, bunny lines, stomach, scars, stretch marks and basically ANYWHERE on the body that needs tightening. (Excluding genitals.)
How many treatments will I need?
- A single treatment usually achieves the desired results you’re after, however the procedure can be repeated 6 to 8 weeks after the initial treatment if you wish for further lifting or tightening. The amount of sessions needed varies from client to client and their individual concerns. For the ’Eyelids Lift’ treatment the client may need additional treatments to get their desired results.
- It is 6 to 8 weeks before a second treatment can be performed on the same area.
- 2 to 3 weeks before an Enzyme Therapy treatment can be performed.
Precare / Aftercare
- The treatment itself is relatively straight forward. There will be a degree of swelling when treating the eye area this usually goes down 3-6 days after the treatment.
- Micro scabs will form at every treatment point, these will fall off after 4 -10 days, but may take more than a week to clear altogether.
- Some aftercare sachets will be given to you after the treatment to aid healing. You should apply this cream until the carbon crusts fall off naturally.
- Once healed, you will discover a radiant, more youthful look to your skin. An ongoing skin care regime is required for maximum longevity of this treatment as well as sunscreen. Please talk to Jennifer about this.
- Please bring a large hat and sunglasses to your treatment to avoid any UV exposure after treatment.
- After the treatment some swelling may be present, which should settle in 48 to 72 hours. The carbon crusts on the skin will normally disappear within 4 to 10 days. During this time the treated area cannot be touched or scratched, as it may cause pinkish skin discoloration (hypo or hyper pigmentation).
- The treatment causes inflammation. Inflammation is necessary to induce tightening. Clients should NOT suppress the inflammation with cooling or medication.
- The effect of this procedure is considered permanent. However, the aging process continues. Follow up procedures may be needed to maintain the results.
- Any Cancer treatments
- Autoimmune diseases (ok if stable 6 months with no change in med dosage.)
- Anti-acne medication
- Cortisone tabs or creams
- Keloid disposition
- Acute heart/blood pressure problems
- Fever/current illness
- Current or recent antibiotics (wait 7 days)
- Drugs within the last 24 hours
Jennifer has been a Registered Nurse for 35+ years, so you know the moment you walk in the door, you’re in safe hands.
Any questions? Just give Jennifer a call.