Anti- Wrinkle injections are procedures where an active ingredient is injected into the treatment area to relax muscles that cause wrinkles. At Melbourne Dermal Fillers and Injectables, we use a proven system of administering muscle relaxing injections.
Got a question? We are more than happy to help. Get in touch with us:
What are they?
For anti-wrinkle injections we use botulinum Toxin Type A, which can be used by injection for medical and cosmetic purposes. Anti-wrinkle injections may be injected into facial and neck muscles to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
How long do Anti-Wrinkle injections last?
It lasts for approximately 3-5 months, depending on the individual. The result will usually wear off progressively after 2 months as expression lines gradually return to their original appearance. The lines will never be worse after treatment. For some clients, the more often you have the treatment the less frequently it is required as the effects may last longer with each application.
What does the treatment involve?
As an Anti-aging practitioner, Jennifer offers a full consultation and assessment prior to any treatment.
A small amount of solution is injected into the selected facial muscles using a very fine needle. The procedure only takes about 10 minutes and the discomfort is minimal and brief. After the injections, it takes about 2-5 days to notice the initial change and up to 14 days to reach the full effect.
Best age to start anti-wrinkle injections?
The best time to start having muscle relaxing injections (if you want the ultimate aesthetic outcome over time) is as soon as you’re seeing the beginnings of aesthetic problems occurring. Eg wrinkles etching into the skin. It is never too late to get an improvement using anti-wrinkle injections.
Is the treatment safe?
Anti-wrinkle treatments have been used for cosmetic purposes for over 15 years and for medical purposes for over 25 years. However, they should not be administered:
During pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding or if you are on certain medications or you have certain medical conditions. It is important to advise Jennifer if you have any health concerns prior to having this treatment.
What areas can be treated?
- Lines and wrinkles on the forehead
- Gummy smiles
- Smoker’s lines
- Frown lines (between the eyes)
- Crow’s feet (lines on the sides of the eyes)
- Eye brow lifts
- Facial lifts upper and lower
- Enlarging and opening up eyes
- Softening lines under eyes
- Softening the lines in the neck
- Chin dimpling
- Softening and improving the drooping mouth corners
- Facial contouring
- Teeth grinding
Post treatment advice
After this medical procedure there are some basic rules to follow to achieve the best outcome. At Melbourne Dermal Fillers and Injectables we provide you with a full aftercare guide. These include:
In the first 4 hours: avoid laying down
In the first 24 hours:
- Avoid applying make-up to the area
- Try not to touch the area, as you don’t want to introduce germs and risk an infection.
- Avoid putting any pressure on the treated area
- Minimise excessive exercise
- No saunas
- No other skin treatments to the treatment area
- Do not have a massage or have facials to the area treated
- A follow up appointment 2 weeks after treatment is recommended for review. Additional anti-wrinkle medication can be injected at this visit if required.
Possible Side Effects
- You may experience a mild headache after treatment – this can be treated with paracetamol
- Tenderness, redness and bruising may occur at the injection site
- If you feel unwell or have any concern contact Jennifer on 0415 553 402.
Jennifer has been a Registered Nurse for 35+ years, so you know the moment you walk in the door, you’re in safe hands.
Jennifer is a Division One Registered Nurse/Aesthetician in the Kilmore region specialising in Anti-wrinkle injections, so you know you are in safe hands with the highest hygiene and safety standards.
Any questions? Just give Jennifer a call.
Book your appointment
Address: Kilmore VIC 3764