Dermal Fillers are made from Hyaluronic Acid (HA) which is a naturally occurring substance in our body that is injected into the skin. They act to fill in lines, wrinkles and creases or scars. Dermal fillers can plump up the skin and create structure to your lips or cheekbones. This creates a younger, more relaxed appearance.
Got a question? We are more than happy to help. Get in touch with us:
What is involved in the treatment?
Dermal Fillers are injected into the skin in tiny amounts with a very fine needle. Local anaesthetic cream or cooling may be administered for increased comfort.
Is treatment safe?
Minor side effects can include bruising and swelling, which usually dissipates in a few days. Some more serious side effects can include infection or severe bruising which can last up to 14 days. If you are prone to cold sores and you are having your lips injected, please discuss this with Jennifer 7 days prior to your treatment as there is a small chance that a treatment may induce an outbreak of facial cold sores in patients with a previous history of them.
What areas can be treated with dermal fillers?
Lips can be injected with dermal filler to hydrate them, make them look younger and enhance their appearance.
Cheeks can be augmented to replace lost volume , Chin and lower face to define the jawline.
Best age to start dermal filler?
Anyone over the age of 18 years can choose to have dermal filler. In terms of dermal filler for ageing, bone loss and reabsorption starts at about age 26 , so this is a great age to start a tiny bit of maintenance. If you start early and have regular treatments, the face will look very well looked after, and is easier to treat than a patient who begins at 60 who will need more product than someone younger. Anyone over the age of 18 can have their lips and cheeks enhanced. The most important thing is that it’s never too late to start. Improvements are always achievable.
How long does it last?
6-18 months depending on which type of filler is used.
Post treatment advice
After treatment with fillers, there may be some redness, bruising, swelling or tenderness. The initial swelling after lip augmentation may last 3-5 days.
- Apply a cool compress for 10 minutes once or twice a day (do not apply directly to your skin)
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Do not expose the area to intense heat for 24 hours eg sauna or sun
- Avoid pressure on the affected area for the first few nights
- Paracetamol can be taken for tenderness if needed
- Avoid plane flights for 2 weeks after dermal fillers, as the cabin pressure can cause pain and increased swelling.
- Don’t use makeup for 24 hours in the treatment area
- Avoid facials, facial waxing, glycolic or AHA peels, IPL or Laser and microdermabrasion for 2 weeks after treatment
- Do not massage the treated area unless instructed by Jennifer.
Jennifer has been a Registered Nurse for 35+ years, so you know the moment you walk in the door, you’re in safe hands.
Jennifer is a Division One Registered Nurse/Aesthetician in the Kilmore region specialising in Dermal Fillers, so you know you are in safe hands with the highest hygiene and safety standards.
Any questions? Just give Jennifer a call.
Book your appointment
Address: Kilmore VIC 3764